Spanish security authorities: CIA has attacked North Korean embassy in Madrid
Officials of the Spanish police and the Spanish secret service Centro Nacional de Inteligencia (CNI) assume that the US foreign intelligence agency Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) was involved in an attack on the North Korean embassy in Madrid on 22 February this year. This is what the Spanish newspaper El País reports.
The North Korean embassy in the Spanish capital was attacked by at least ten people on the afternoon of the day in question. The eight persons in the embassy were tied up and interrogated under blows.
The attack is described as extremely violent. A member of the embassy escaped and informed the police.
What’s more, unlike other intelligence activities – such as cyberattacks, which are characterized by their discretion, the attack on the North Korean embassy was especially violent. On February 22 at 3pm, 10 masked men carrying alleged imitation weapons broke into the embassy, located north of the capital in the residential area of Aravaca. They tied up the eight people inside and put bags on their heads. The victims were beaten and interrogated. A woman managed to escape from a window on the second floor and her screams for help were heard by a neighbor, who contacted the police.
When the police arrived, the attackers managed to escape in vehicles of the embassy. The members of the embassy were freed by the police, some had to be treated medically. They are said to have been in the hands of the attackers for a total of two hours.
The police and CNI assume that the robbery was not a normal crime. The operation had been planned militarily, the attackers had known exactly what they were looking for. No valuables or jewellery, but mobile phones and data storage devices.
Some of the attackers had been identified on the basis of pictures taken by the surveillance cameras and statements made by the victims. At least two of them have connections to US secret services.
Fox news reports:
The assailants, with a number of computers on hand, fled in two luxury vehicles that belonged to the diplomatic mission and were later abandoned in a nearby street.
At least two of the diplomatic workers required medical attention, El Pais reported.
Investigators have said the attack was not the work of common criminals.
The evidence would suggest that the attack was carried out by the CIA together with the South Korean secret service. The CIA had been asked by the Spanish authorities about a possible involvement. However, one of them rejected it ‘unconvincingly’.
According to El País, the case could lead to diplomatic tensions between Madrid and Washington. The newspaper quotes Spanish government circles as saying that if the CIA’s perpetration were confirmed, this would be an unacceptable course of action.
“Although most of the [attackers] were Korean, at least two of them have been identified by Spanish intelligence services as having links to the U.S. CIA,” the newspaper reported.
Not only would the services then have operated on Spanish territory without authorisation, they would also have violated international conventions that particularly protect diplomatic missions. However, the newspaper’s sources consider it “unlikely” that the CIA’s guilt can be determined legally.
The reason for the attack is believed to be that the attackers wanted to get information about Kim Hyok Chol, the former North Korean ambassador to Spain, who was declared an undesirable person by Madrid in September 2017 (Does Bible prophecy predict that North Korea will unleash World War III?).
Kim Hyok Chol is considered a close confidant of the North Korean head of state Kim Jong-un and led negotiations with the US special envoy Stephen Biegun on a possible denuclearization of the Korean peninsula in February.
Facebook has drastically minimized the circulation of my stories in my readers’ newsfeeds and is alternatively endorsing mainstream media sources. When you share to your friends, on the other hand, you tremendously help distribute my content. Please take a moment and think about sharing this post with your friends and family. Thank you.
Like Our News? Please, please, Please! help support Independent Journalism. PayPal.Me/FusionLacedIllusions
Got a tip or a rumor? Contact me here.
The Establishment continue to push forward in their attempt to shut down the alternative press that is rapidly growing and pushing out the faltering mainstream media. As the EU demands social media sites censor fake news and Reddit, Facebook and other sites begin blocking Fusion Laced Illusions and other alternative media it is now alarmingly evident that their truly is a war on free speech.
Copyright Disclaimer: Citation of articles and authors in this report does not imply ownership. Works and images presented here fall under Fair Use Section 107 and are used for commentary on globally significant newsworthy events. Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for fair use for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research.
Spread the word! LIKE and SHARE this article or leave a comment to help direct attention to the stories that matter. And SUBSCRIBE to stay connected with Fusion Laced Illusions content!
REQUEST REPRINT OR SUBMIT CORRECTION to JWilliams7497@gmail.com
Contact Fusion Laced Illusions by email.
You can reach us at JWilliams7497@gmail.com Letters may be published